Lent – Thin Places
-Have you had fun meeting together? Bust out a phone & take a picture together! Post it to the Prince of Peace Facebook page or tag us on instagram (@popyouthfamily)
-Last call! Make sure you take some time to talk about continuing to meet together in the next year/s. It is our hope that partners stick together through the kids’ Axis years & if the two of you decide, even beyond that! This could be just for Lent mentoring, or keeping in touch, worshiping together, etc. Please let Brent know your future plans!
Remember to pray together & be ready to worship at 7:00
- You walk out of your house & a crowd goes wild, just because you…
- What has been the most memorable “Thin Places” story for you? Why?
- Has hearing these stories impacted your beliefs/faith? In what way?
- What have you learned about sharing your faith? Do you think you can do it too?
- Who might you encourage by sharing about your faith?
- What historical person would you like to talk about his/her faith with? Why?
- What living person would you like to talk to about his/her faith? Why?
- How has God come close to you recently?
- Consider, how might you draw yourself nearer to God in your everyday life?
- If you & God took a walk, what would you talk about? What would you ask God? What would God ask you?!
- Right now, I really need God to…
- From our Thin Places series we have heard about experiences with God happening everywhere (in homes, out in nature, in health issues)…Going forward, how can we remember that God is with us at all times & in all places?
- Easter will be here soon! How will you be celebrating?
- Should we stay in touch throughout the year? How should we do that/what should we do? (Let Brent know your plans, we would be happy to help if needed!)
Bible reading & Discussion
Open your Bibles to John 12:1-8. Read this out loud together.
- Lazarus only recently had been resurrected by Jesus. What do you think they would have been talking about sitting around the table?
- Mary’s anointing of Jesus with costly perfume is an extravagant – some would say unnecessary – gesture. Are there times in your life when you feel it necessary to give extravagantly? When & why do you do it?
- Mary wipes Jesus’ feet with her hair, which was likely an act of deeply humbles submission & devotion. How do you show devotion to God in your life?
Prayer time – Pray for each other’s highs & lows.
Dear God, thank you for (highs). Please be with us as we deal with (lows).
In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.