Lent – Thin Places
-This week, make sure you take some time to talk about continuing to meet together in the next year/s. It is our hope that partners stick together through the kids’ Axis years & if the two of you decide, even beyond that! This could be just for Lent mentoring, or keeping in touch, worshipping together, etc.
Remember to pray together & be ready to worship at 7:00!
- If you could attempt anything, & knew you would not fail, what would you do? (take this as seriously or silly as you like J)
- When it comes to decision making, do you usually take your time & think it through, or just go with your first instinct?
- If you say “It depends.” What does it depend on? What factors do you consider?
- Share about a time you saw, or heard about, something you just couldn’t explain…
- Do you believe in miracles? What makes something miraculous?
- What kind of miracles did Jesus perform?
- What do you think is possible, that others think is impossible?
- The top 3 moments in my life so far are…
- What events have had an impact on your faith?
- What gives you a sense of wonder & awe? Why?
- Tell about a time you took a risk that paid off…A time that it didn’t?
- At this point in time, what are your top “wants”? “Needs”?
- Who is someone in need that you know? What do they need? How might you be a part of helping them?
- How can you learn to trust God when the future seems uncertain?
Bible reading & Discussion
Open your Bibles to Luke 15:1-3, 11-32. Read it out loud together.
- The prodigal son (the runaway) was willing to eat what had been set out for the pigs. This was out of desperation, but ask yourself: do you ever make decisions that make your life more difficult? How can our relationship with God help us in our day-to-day lives?
- The prodigal did not expect to be welcomed back as a son. Do you think he was right? How would you have felt in that situation?
- The father’s response was immediate. Bring a robe! A ring! Plan a huge meal! What does this story-and the father’s reaction-tell us about God?
- The other brother’s response was less than enthusiastic. He never did anything wrong & yet his father had never planned a party for him. Who do you most identify with in this story?
Prayer time – Pray for each other’s highs & lows.
Dear God, thank you for (highs). Please be with us as we deal with (lows).
In Jesus’ name we pray, amen.